Freedom to Operate (FTO)
Freedom to operate (FTO) searches,also known as Clearance Search or Right to Use Search ensures commercial production, marketing and use of a new product/industrial designs; process or service does not infringe third party patents.
A well-researched FTO report avoids costly infringement proceedings and delays in product release.
Relevant observations and annotations highlight key references.
- Search to provide reassurance that you will not infringe the valid IP rights of another
- Data sources include non-expired patents that potentially read on your product or service
- Only in countries of interest
- Information for your search is derived from an analysis of your product or service
- Results are used to draft an opinion. Often an invalidity search is performed on some of the identified patents