Patent Landscape Analysis
- Patent counsel or patent strategists can address key patent related questions (your own and/or third party) that impact business decisions.
- How is the company’s patent portfolio positioned relative to competitors?
- Who are the dominant players in the field?
- Who are the emerging players?
- What technologies are being pursued by the most successful companies?
- How to utilize patent mapping to effect business decisions?
- What are the gaps in one’s own patent portfolio?
Visualize patent data/patent genealogy with periodic updates
- Group complex families of patents
- Identify emerging competitors
Analyze with detailed reports that accompany patent maps
- Detailed information covering patent trends and other relevant data
- Show relationship of a patent landscape to technologies and products being developed
- Focus on interaction between technology, products/solutions, and supporting patents
- Ability to take timely action to mitigate risk
- Identify opportunities
- Helps in making informed decisions in determining the direction for steering the R&D and prior to making further investments, mergers and acquisitions.